Section 1 – General Terms and Conditions
Section 2 – Free London minicabs for 1 year Prize Draw Terms and Conditions.
General Terms and Conditions
We “Swift Cars Services Ltd” reserve the right to alter or change the terms & conditions of our services stated here at any time. By placing a Booking with us you agree to be bound by these Terms; all Passengers are bound by these Terms whether or not they are the party making the Booking.
References in these Terms to “us” or ”we” or “our” or “the Company” refers to Swift Cars Services Ltd, and references to “you” or “your” or “the Customer” refers to the party making a Booking with us or any person acting on their behalf.
The Company shall use all reasonable endeavours to get you to your destination on time, but shall not be responsible for any loss or damage due to delays. The Company always strives to deliver a reliable service. However sometimes cars cannot arrive at the time a customer has booked, for reasons beyond our control. If your car is running late, please contact our office immediately on 0207 328 3333 and we will do our best to tell you why your car is late and advise you of approximate arrival time.
It is the Customers responsibility to allow sufficient time for the journey and the Customer should allow additional time for delays and unexpected occurrences where the journey is important, especially if onward connections may be missed. Control Room staff may advise on average journey times but the decision and responsibility as to booking time ultimately lies with the Customer.
The Company will endeavour to book details correctly. However we will not be held responsible for any misunderstandings during telephone bookings between the booking telephonist and the customer resulting in late arrival of the vehicle, incorrect vehicle type or non arrival due to a cancelled booking. Under no circumstances shall the Company be liable (in contract or otherwise) for any loss of profits, business or for any indirect or consequential loss whatsoever.
All luggage or personal possessions are carried entirely at your risk. Drivers are instructed to take lost possessions left in their cars to our head office. The Company, where relevant and within its means will attempt to contact the customer and inform them of their lost possessions.
The Company is an agency for self-employed drivers and therefore will not be held responsible for driver’s activities outside our control. The Company passes to drivers personal information of customers to assist in gaining information of collection of customers and the location of the destination required. Swift Cars Services Ltd will not be held responsible for the drivers’ actions when using this information.
The Company shall be entitled to cancel all services in the event of a declared national emergency, riot, fuel shortage, industrial action, extreme weather or terrorist attack, or other circumstances beyond its control.
If the car breaks down during your journey the Company will endeavour to arrange an alternative car to complete the journey as soon as practicable.
When a customer desires to travel to a particular place, the driver will, unless specifically otherwise instructed by the Company travel by the route which is, in his opinion, the best and most convenient for motoring whether the route is shortest or not, and no allowance will be made to the customer on the ground that the route adopted is not actually the shortest.
The customer shall compensate the Company against all losses, costs, damages and expenses arising from any act or omission of any passenger in their party.
We are insured for passenger travel. This insurance is for public liability and does not constitute as travel insurance.
We reserve the right to refuse travel to anyone deemed to be a nuisance or danger to our passengers or employees. We may seek the help of the police to remove any offenders from our vehicles and will not pay compensation or refund in such circumstances.
If for some reason you are unhappy with the service, you should send your complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org, where a member of management will respond ASAP.
Payment (Account Customers)
Invoices shall be paid in full within 30 days of issue thereof. Should any invoice not be paid within 30 days any outstanding invoices shall immediately become overdue which will automatically put the account on hold.
The Customer shall not be entitled for any reason to withhold payment of invoices due to the Company and in particular shall not be entitled to do so in circumstances where the Customer is in dispute with the Company and/or claims money or compensation from the Company in respect of the Services
Customer Account Number
The customer will be issued with an account number & some cases passwords which must be quoted on all bookings. The Company does not accept any responsibility whatsoever when security account numbers are used by unauthorised personnel and/or for unauthorised purposes.
Credit Card Bookings
There is no surcharge for card payments since 13th of January 2013. The customer has to present the card on which payment is made to our driver. The customer must also show matching photo ID and the cardholder must be present.
Once a card has been verified for a customer they will be able to use that card without ID in all future transactions.
Maximum Passengers and Bags per vehicle
- Saloon- 1-4 passengers, 1-2 suitcases and 2 handbags.
- Estate- 1-4 passengers, 3-4 suitcases and 2 handbags.
- MPV –
- 1-4 passengers, 6 suitcases and 6 handbags.
- 5 passengers, 5 suitcases and 5 handbags.
- 6 passengers, 2 suitcases and 6 handbags.
- 7 seat minibus- 1-7 passengers, 8 suitcases and 8 handbags.
- 8 seat minibus- 1-8 passengers, 8suitcases and 8 handbags.
CASH BOOKINGS AND CREDIT AND DEBIT CARD BOOKING ADDITIONAL FEES
All cash payments shall be made directly to the driver and the Company acts as agent for the driver when processing the cash booking. All cash bookings are accepted by the Company on behalf of the driver. Please note all our drivers are self-employed, and these terms shall be considered the terms of trading between the driver and the Customer.
The Company reserves the right to charge the Customer for any additional costs which may be incurred by the Company as a result of any variation from the Original Journey specified at the time of booking.
The Customer will be responsible for the conduct of all passenger(s) and shall pay for any loss and/or damage caused by such passenger(s) to the vehicle or any other property of the Company, including but not limited to cleaning costs following any spillage or soiling of the vehicle.
If the booking is cancelled upon arrival of the vehicle to collect the Customer of any passenger(s) a cancellation fee will be payable by the Customer to the Company.
In relation to collections from airports/airport pickups; there is 30 minute car parking fees included. The Company will allow 50 minutes (starting from the landing time). Thereafter the Company reserves the right to charge the Customer for the waiting/loading time after the 50 minutes plus any additional car parking fees (minus the first 30 minutes).
ASAP journeys- cancelation fees apply if the driver arrived at the pickup address.
Per bookings/local pickups- cancelation fees apply if the customer cancels 5 minutes or less before the booking and the driver is already dispatched.
Pre bookings/central London & Knightsbridge- cancelation fees apply if the customer cancels 10 minutes or less before the booking and the driver is already dispatched.
Pre bookings/outside our pickup area- cancelation fees apply if the customer cancels 20 minutes or less before the booking and the driver is already dispatched.
Pre bookings/outside M25- cancelation fees apply if the customer cancels 30 minutes or less before the booking and the driver is already dispatched.
Pre bookings/airport pickups- cancelation fees apply if the customer cancels after the driver has entered the car park.
The prices for cancellation are as follows:
- Local- £5
- Central London & Knightsbridge- £8
- Outside our pickup area- £15
- Outside M25- £25
- Airport pickups- £25 + car parking fees
Changes to the Journey
In the event that the Customer requires the Company during the course of the Original Journey to make any alternative pick up(s) or collection(s)of passenger(s) or goods from other locations during the course of the Original Journey or drop off any passenger(s) at other locations other than specified in the Original Journey or to take any variation for the Original Journey route specified at the time of booking, additional charges may be applied by the Company, at its then current charge rate, which is available on request.
In the event that the Customer requires more than 4 passengers to travel in a vehicle and has not specified this at the time of booking of the Original Journey additional charges may be levied by the Company, at its then standard charge rates, which are available on request for the provision of a larger vehicle or the carriage of additional passengers in excess of 4.
- £35 for Saloon & Estate.
- £50 for MPV & Mini bus.
Peak Time Charges:
Monday-Friday, including bank holidays, between 7-10 am & 4-7 pm there is a variable peak time charge of between 10% and 50%.
The Customer and any passenger(s) and any luggage or personal items shall be ready for collection at the time specified by the Customer when the booking is made. The Company will allow 5 minutes for waiting or loading, when picking up the Customer and passenger(s). In the event that all Customers have not boarded the vehicle within 5 minutes of the time specified at the time of booking the Original Journey or if no time is specified the time of arrival of the vehicle at the pickup address the Company reserves the right to charge the Customer for the total loading/waiting time (for the avoidance of doubt, including the first 5 minutes) at its current rate which is £12.00 per hour or £1.00 every 5 minutes for Saloon and Estate vehicles and £18.00 per hour or £1.50 every 5 minutes for MPV and Minibus vehicles.
All telephone calls will be recorded and monitored for training and security purposes.
Swift Cars Services ltd.
2d Dyne Road, London, NW6 7XB
Tel: 0207 328 3333
Fax: 0207 372 1661
Company registration No: 6270232
VAT No: 971374502
Public Carriage Office License (PCO): 635403/01
‘Free minicabs for 1 year’ Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- You will be automatically entered into a free prize draw when you book a minicab on the ‘Swift Cars London Minicabs mobile app and you have ticked to accept Swift Car Services Ltd. General Terms and Conditions. No purchase required. You can enter the draw for free by posting your details, including your full name, e-mail address, phone number and postal address to Marketing, Swift Car Services Ltd. 2d Dyne Road, London, NW6 7XB.
- Winners must be over 18 years of age and resident in London, UK. Current and past employees of Swift Car Services Ltd. or their families, friends, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion, are not eligible to win.
- By entering, the participant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- There is one prize of free minicabs provided by Swift Car Services Ltd., trading as ‘Swift Cars’, up to the value of £500 to be won. Service terms and conditions apply.
- The winner will be selected at random from all entries received.
- The free prize draw can be entered from 11/12/2015 until 31/12/2015.
- The draw will take place on the 7th of January 2016.
- The winner will be notified by e-mail on the 8th of January 2016.
- The winner can chose the travel location and dates but must give 1 day notice prior to the date of travel. ‘Swift Cars’ will endeavour to provide a service for ‘as soon as possible’ bookings subject to availability at the time. Journeys below £20 equivalent of ‘standard rate’ must start from the following postcodes:
NW1 Head district
NW5 Kentish Town
NW7 Mill Hill
NW8 St John’s Wood
NW9 The Hyde
NW11 Golders Green
W1 Central London
W9 Maida Hill
W10 North Kensington
W11 Notting Hill
W12 Shepherds Bush
W14 West Kensington
SW5 Earls Court
SW7 South Kensington
SW8 South Lambeth
SW10 West Brompton
WC1 Russel Square
EC3 Fenchurch Street
EC4 Fleet Street
N2 East Finchley
Journeys above £20 equivalent of ‘standard rate’ can start from any other London postal district.
- The prize must be claimed and used, by the winner, before the 8th of January 2017.
- The prize is not transferable and no cash alternative is available.
- Swift Car Services Ltd. will not take responsibility for any missed or cancelled journeys – replacements cannot be provided.
- If you are a winner, the Promoter may request you to participate in any publicity or promotion organised by the Promoter including promotional photographs and announcing your name on the swiftcars.co.uk website.
- The Promoter is Swift Car Services Ltd., registered address 2d Dyne Road, London, NW6 7XB.
- Details of the winner will be available for four weeks after the draw date by sending a request to Marketing, Swift Car Services Ltd., 2d Dyne Road, London, NW6 7XB.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw this offer or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms and Conditions, the conduct, results and any other matters relating to this prize draw, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
THE WINNER OF £500 WORTH OF MINICABS FOR ONE YEAR.
As a result of a draw on the 7th of January 2015, witnessed by an independent person, Swift Cars is pleased to announce the winner of the promotion:
Ms Tania from Kilburn!